Auction Terms & Conditions
How FAN+ auctions work
To bid on an item you must first register by creating a FAN+ account and be logged in. Once you register an email verification link will be sent to your email. Please also check your junk folder in case it does end up there.
If you are familiar with how eBay auctions work then our auctions should feel very familiar in terms of how they work.
If the item that is up for auction has a reserve price, that reserve price will be listed on that item, and it will not be sold unless the bidding reaches the minimum price – namely the reserved price.
A bid increment is the amount by which a bid will be raised each time the current bid is outbid, this is displayed on the item what the next bid amount must be, generally this is set in $5 increments, it will display and advise you what your minimum bid amount needs to be.
Placing a Bid
The place bid area is the amount you want to bid.
This works in 2 ways.
You can either enter the minimum bid amount or enter your maximum bid you want to pay for the item, this will activate the (Auto Bid).
Item is $100, in the description it will tell you the minimum bid you must make “You must place a bid of $105.00 or higher”. You then place a bid of $105, you might be the highest bidder or someone will outbid you and you just continue with this method like a game of cat and mouse.
The other way is you set in the “place bid area” your maximum amount you want to pay / bid for the item.
Example: $1000, this will them automatically activate the “Auto Bid” function in our system.
Your $1000 will be hidden and set in the background and will keep auto bidding on your behalf if another person enters a bid below your maximum amount. Example. Bid is at $105 and you set your maximum bid to be $1000.
Another buyer comes along and bids $250, then you will automatically out bid them and you will be the highest bidder at $255, this process will continue and “auto bid” on your behalf until someone exceeds the $1000, then you will need to increase your bid amount or maximum bid.
The “auto bid” function allows you to set a maximum affordable price so that when you are not able to watch the auction proceedings, the FAN+ auction system will “auto bid” for you until the value of your “auto bid” is reached.
The auto bid will automatically bid up by the amount equal to the minimum bid increments (as displayed for each auction item). Please take care when setting an auto bid, as once your auto bid is placed, it cannot be altered or withdrawn.
Setting or placing a maximum “auto bid” amount you place, does not mean you will pay this amount for the item, you will only pay the amount that another bidder has bid.
Item is $250, you set a maximum bid of $1000, the “auto bid” function will keep bidding for you when someone else bids, so if someone bids $300, your “auto bid” will then active to make your bid $305, if no-one else bids on the item and you are the highest bidder at $305, then that is what you will pay. (Regardless of what your maximum bid is set at).
What if two bidders, bid the same amount?
If two bidders bid the same amount, then the earliest bid will take precedence.
Retracting your bid
Once a bid has be placed it cannot be retracted.
Once the publicised closing time of an FAN+ auction is reached, the auction will cease and the highest bidder is the winner. There are no time extensions on any FAN+ auction.
What happens if I win an auction?
If you are the highest bidder at the close of an auction on FAN+ you can immediately checkout and pay for the item(s).
You will also receive an email to the email address you nominated when you created your FAN+ login.
This email will contain a payment link that (once clicked) will return you to the FAN+ checkout, whereupon you can make your payment for the item(s).
How long do I have to pay for the item I have won in an auction?
The winning bidder must have successfully paid for the item within 48 hours of the close of the auction. If the winning bidder does not complete payment within 48 hours of the close, FAN+ reserves the right to offer the auction item either to the next highest bidder or to re-auction the item.
What happens if I win an auction and fail to pay?
If you are the winning bidder and do not pay for the item within 48 hours, FAN+ reserves the right to place the item back into the auction, whereupon we will notify the other unsuccessful bidders that the item again up for auction. FAN+ is under no obligation to inform winning bidders who refuse or cannot pay when and if the item in question is placed back on FAN+ either for sale or auction.
Is shipping Included in my bid amount?
Shipping costs are determined by the organiser of the Auction. The organiser might allow pick up or charge a cost to post it out via registered post or it may be free of charge.
Please note standard credit card transaction fees will be applied to your winning bid amount on checkout. Ranging from 1.75% - 2.60% depending on Credit Card or Paypal.
Eligibility and participation:
You must be able to form legally binding contracts to use the FAN+ auction feature. This means you must not use the FAN+ auction feature if you:
1. Are under 18 years of age;
2. An undischarged bankrupt; or
3. Under any type of insolvency administration, where you are a company.
• When you use the FAN+ auction feature to bid at an online auction, you are making an offer to buy the item at your bid price. If your bid price is the winning bid at the conclusion of an auction you must purchase the item you have bid for plus any additional charges that you may be obliged to pay such as shipping costs, they are additional to the winning bid price.
• Winning bid prices are GST inclusive.
• Please take care when making a bid as once your bid is placed, it cannot be withdrawn.
• It is your responsibility to read the product information relating to any item listed for auction.
• Please do not rely solely on the title summary or any photographs of the item posted in this auction as a complete description of an item. If a photograph is provided, please use it as a guide only.
• You must not engage in bid manipulation.
• Any fraudulent or malicious act will be reported to relevant authorities, with your IP address.
• PLEASE NOTE QANTAS POINTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE ON FAN+ AUCTIONS AND WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR ANY AUCTIONS ON FAN+.
Problem with logging in:
Few common problems are:
- I have have registered but cant log in? Once you register you will get an email verification to confirm your account, please also check your junk mail as it may have gone into that folder, sometimes people also accidentally misspell their email address when registering. If you are still facing issues, please email our support team firstname.lastname@example.org we will reply back within 1hr.
- No Auction items are displaying on the page? As we use the latest JAVA scripts and software, web browsers must be up to date. Please ensure your browser is updated with the latest version. You can also try a different browser you may have or try on your smart phone. If you are still facing problems, please email our support team email@example.com will reply back within 1hr.
- Any other questions or issues, please email our team firstname.lastname@example.org or call our help desk on (02) 9705 1152 our team are available 7 days a week between 8am - 8pm.