Your privacy is important to us.
A copy of the Act is available at: http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/pa1988108/
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking into account new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. Our most up-to-date policy governs all of your personal and sensitive information held by us.
In our policy:
- Fan Plus International Operations Pty Ltd (ACN 627 253 436) is referred to as we, our, us
- the website located at www.fanplus.com is referred to as the Site
- other websites or social media platforms on which we have a presence are referred to as Related Sites
- provision of the platform through which any person can purchase a sporting experience is referred to as the Services
- someone who purchases our Services is referred to as the User
- you, as a User of the Site, are referred to as you and your
- personal information and sensitive information are collectively referred to as information.
We operate the Site.
By accessing the Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
If you provide us with your information, you consent to our collection, use and storage of that information in accordance with this policy.
What is personal information?
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card or direct debit account information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information is taken to be personal information.
What is sensitive information?
When used in this policy, the term “sensitive information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. Generally, sensitive information refers to details about your race, ethnicity, politics, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, health, genetics or criminal record.
We do not anticipate the need to collect sensitive information from you; however, if we do we will only use it for the purpose for which you provided it.
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when you:
- access the Site;
- you set up an account on the Site;
- you access and use your account;
- visit Related Sites;
- when you purchase our Services;
- contact us with a question or feedback about your account, the Site or our Services.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We will ask you to provide us with information about yourself when you subscribe to our newsletter on the Site.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- geographical location;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our Site.
How do we protect your information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
In order to enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the Site, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors access to your information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your information, please let us know immediately.
For what purposes do we use your information?
We use the information that we collect about you to:
- provide you access to the Site;
- respond to any enquiry you have;
- provide support related to aspects of the Site;
- improve your User experience;
- facilitate quick retrieval of relevant information;
- alert you to updated information on the Site;
- investigate problems, resolve disputes or enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
- when it is reasonably necessary to facilitate payment of your purchase;
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
When do we disclose your information?
Generally, we will disclose your information for the purpose of assisting us to provide to you the Services available through our Site. We will make the information we collect from you available to third parties:
- when you give us permission to do so;
- safety, quality assurance and improvement activities;
- managing, monitoring, planning and evaluating our Services;
- testing and maintenance of information technology systems;
- when it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Site and the Services available to you;
- for the purposes of product development, research or statistical analysis;
- risk management activities (including liaising with our insurers and legal representatives);
- responding to complaints or inquiries about our activities and Services;
- obtaining advice from consultants and professional advisers;
- when it is reasonably necessary to facilitate payment of your purchase;
- when we reasonably believe it is required by law; and
- as necessary to assert our rights.
Your information may be used or disclosed for research, or for the compilation or analysis of statistics. Where your information is disclosed or published for research or statistical purposes, the information will be de-identified and will not contain material capable of identifying you.
Updating your information
You may access and update or correct the information we hold about you whenever you choose to do so by using our contact details below.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Users will generally be able to access and update their account details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our services to you.
How to Contact Us
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
You may do so by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to us at:
354 Marrickville Road
Marrickville, NSW 2204
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commission by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Effective: April 2019